Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 30, 2009

The Christmas Pageant

Okay, I know that Christmas was over a month ago, but I don't want these memories to be forgotten. A few days before Christmas we had a Langton family Christmas party with the whole extended family. Kimball's cousin Tasha decided to put together a Christmas pageant. We had talked about it in years past, and now finally this was the year. It was so cute. The kids all did their parts very well. Nathan got to be one of the wise men, Hazel was the angel, and Claire helped hold up the star with her cousin Emmeline. Top picture, left to right, are: Aubrey Wright, Broderick Ridenour, Nathan Langton, Nathan Cooper, Rachel Cooper (behind N.C.), Daniella Ridenour, Hazel Langton, and Steven Wright. In front are Emmeline Ridenour and Lahela Langton (Claire did not want to be in this picture). It was a lot of fun to have the kids help tell the story of the baby Jesus. They all enjoyed it too.


Proof that Claire really was there.


"We Three Kings"
Just as the wise men were going to sing their song, Claire and Lahela had a rather loud scuffle over a doll stroller. Since I was playing the piano, there wasn't much I could do. The boys suddenly had a hard time singing because of the commotion, so everyone saved the performance by joining in song. I had to tell myself that someday, I may look back on that and laugh.

2 comments:

big8smiley said...

I'm thinking about it now and laughing! I have to think to myself in situations like that - why is it always MY kids?? Now there is proof that it's your kids too. It's funnier to laugh about if it isn't my own. I bet you were so frustrated though, so sorry about that. The pageant looks cute and the costumes are really good!

Shnopa said...

The costumes are very nice. I like the story about the doll stroller. It's NOT always your kids. It's mine too, which gives me the permission to laugh when it happens to be YOURS. Thanks for sharing that. Now I feel like my family is more normal.