Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 27, 2009

Just my luck!

Yesterday as I was preparing to take a shower, I decided to spray the bathroom walls first with a Glade (like Febreeze) spray. The walls still have a faint cigarette smell that I'm trying to get rid of. I didn't close the cupboard door because I was trying to hurry, and I kicked the corner of it on the top of my right foot really hard by accident. It was one of those kinds of pains that leave you breathless and you think you're going to throw up. Well, my foot hurt pretty bad for the rest of the day.

This is not the end of my sob story, though. Lately Lahela has been coming into my bedroom in the middle of the night and climbing into bed with me. She tosses and turns sideways and kicks until I get so sick of it that I take her back to her bed. Last night was no different. I got up at around 3:30 a.m., carried her upstairs, and put her in bed without turning on any lights. On my way back downstairs, in the dark, as I neared the bottom, I thought I had one more step down when I actually had two. I fell forward, twisting my ankle. It was on the same side as the foot I kicked on the cupboard. I can't even describe that pain. It was horrific. I crawled back to my bed, shamelessly crying like a baby, where I felt myself going into shock from the extreme pain. I was shaking and shivering uncontrollably.

Today my ankle is a tiny bit swollen and it hurts to walk on it. Actually, it hurts when I'm not walking on it too. Pretty pathetic, huh?

4 comments:

big8smiley said...

That's so sad! It's one of those sad mom moments where you realize that no matter how bad it really hurts, you have to just crawl back into your little corner because no one else in the household really cares that mom got hurt. I hate that! I hope it isn't anything serious and that it is feeling better later. I have to admit, I did laugh when I was reading it, though, because if it had happened to me I'd be laughing out of unbelief that I just did that!

Cynthia said...

I'm sorry you got hurt. That stinks. I agree with Renee though. It's one of those things that you have to laugh because it's one of those things we all do that make us feel like a total idiot. We're all human and it's pretty funny. I hope your foot feels better soon.

Lisa said...

Just for an update, my ankle ended up swelling more on days two and three, but is now going down. It still hurts, but not as much as it did at first. Thank goodness it wasn't bad enough for a doctor visit. Thanks for all the condolences, and I'm glad I could provide you all with a good, hearty laugh. It is pretty funny (and ridiculous) how it all happened. :)

Shnopa said...

I totally sympathize. I remember hitting the funny bone in my elbow so hard I almost passed out. I could hardly stand up. I was beyond tears. I stood next to my truck feeling like I didn't have any friends ... you know the emotional reaction you have sometimes when you can't handle what's going on for the moment, similar to you shaking and shivering uncontrollably. I couldn't bear my elbow being touched for 2 months after that. I hope your ankle heals more quickly than that. I'm sorry you got hurt and I'll admit I laughed too, sorry. It's your fault because you wrote a good story.