Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 22, 2009

Women's Retreat

This past Friday and Saturday I had the opportunity of attending my stake's annual Women's Retreat at Jolley's Ranch in Hobble Creek canyon. We had many great speakers, attended many enlightening classes, played games, and had a great time becoming better friends. This year I was privileged to be on the planning committee. I was quite busy preparing for it, but in the end, it was all worth it.

I am also extremely grateful to Kimball for doing everything he could so I could attend. He took very good care of the kids while I was gone, and willingly took on an extra child so my friend could go too. He is a very loving, giving person, and I love him very much.

I want to share my testimony about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that my Heavenly Father loves me, and that I am literally his daughter. He has given me so much to be thankful for. I have a loving husband, good-hearted, sweet children, and countless people in my life who help me be a better person. I am amazed at the beauty and diversity of the Earth, and it is even more amazing to know that Heavenly Father created it simply for our happiness. He has given each of us a deep beauty, gifts, talents, and the light of Christ to shine forth to the world. I am thankful for the love He pours out to me continually, even when I make mistakes. He is there every time I need Him. I hope I can be who He wants me to be, so I can live with Him again someday. He loves each of His children dearly and anxiously awaits our safe return into His loving arms, and of this I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

big8smiley said...

Amen, sistah! Very well put. Thank you for sharing your testimony. I'm happy you had a good time at your women's conference! I hope you are counting me as one of the people who love you and care about you, because I do! :)

Kathy Whittle said...

What a beautiful post, especially with your testimony. And thank you for asking me accompany the song for the retreat. It turned out beautiful, and I loved being part of it.