Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 10, 2009

Kids these days

Yesterday when I pulled out the cereal for breakfast, Nathan groaned and asked why we have to eat cereal every day. I ended up giving him a slice of leftover pizza from the night before and he was happy. Secretly I vowed to myself that I would make breakfast the next morning (today), and I ended up making waffles. They were a hit.

It's funny to me that when we were growing up, cereal was the special breakfast. Now the tables are turned, and it's the home-cooked ones our kids crave.

3 comments:

big8smiley said...

LOL! This seems oddly familiar! Cereal is so EASY . . . why do they need a real meal?

Shnopa said...

I remember those home cooked meals. Our mama was great, wasn't she? I always tell my kids they can't have any candy or chips until they have something good for their body. If I didn't they would want junk every day all day.

We don't eat much cold cereal. But we do have fast things like yogurt and toast. I'm glad you made breakfast. You're a great mama too!

Lisa said...

Well, the saying that says, adults will go back to what they learned as children, is true. I now happen to love home-cooked breakfasts more than cereal. I'm just too lazy to get up earlier every day to make them.

And yes, Mama was and is a great mama.